There is a preconceived negative perception about prefabricated buildings being basic and lacking the sense of refinement achieved by a traditionally built structure. But, with the advancements in the modular construction industry, this is a rather dated and ill-judged perception, especially when it comes to modular restrooms.
Off-site manufacturing is one of the most preferred construction methods today. One that’s largely in demand these days is a modular restroom, owing to the many advantages it has to offer. These are some cost-effective solutions to facilities that require a permanent yet flexible restroom solution. They can be built quickly, off-site and customized to fit into whatever space is available.
When are Modular Restrooms a Better Alternative?
Every building where people gather has a restroom. However, there are cases when additional restrooms are deemed necessary after the key elements of the structure have been considered, and this is where modular restrooms come in. The following are some other applications of prefab restrooms.
- in businesses that experience a short-term increase in team members and thus, require a temporary expansion of restrooms, locker rooms, and similar facilities.
- in healthcare facilities that experience a permanent/temporary increase in workforce size and/or the number of patients, and therefore requires a speedy solution to provide enough facilities for everyone.
- in outdoor locations such as campgrounds, parks, and sports arenas, modular solutions are well-suited and customized to handle extreme weather conditions.
- in schools and universities where prefabricated facilities can resolve the lack of restrooms, locker rooms, and showers to accommodate the surge in student population adequately.
- in commercial establishments—restaurants, retail shops, etc.—that may have to expand restroom space to keep up with the growing business.
Modular restrooms are also ideal for a range of temporary applications, including one-time, large-scale events like music festivals, concerts, sporting events, trade fairs, pop-up bazaars, etc. They can also serve as short-term replacements while the rest areas are under renovation.
The Key Benefits of Modular Restrooms
The benefits of prebuilt restrooms—modular construction, overall—are three-pronged, at the least: it is cost-effective, versatile in design and features, and easy to process from construction right to installation.
Construction and assembly times for modular buildings are significantly shorter than that of traditional structures. These translate into reduced labor costs and cost savings for your business.
Fast & Easy Construction
Prefabricated structures are delivered onsite, fully assembled, and ready for installation. Because they are built off-site, it also means there will be little to no disruption to your regular operations.
Once assembled, the modular restroom can be hooked up to municipal water, power, and sewage. In a matter of hours, your toilet will be up and running quickly and efficiently.
Unlike traditional, site-built structures, many modular buildings are constructed on a floor slab, thus making them portable. In situations where you no longer require a modular restroom, it can easily be relocated or repurposed to avoid construction waste.
The Versatility of a Modular Restroom
Modular restrooms are the solution to a shortage of restroom facilities. They are a better alternative to traditional solutions for all kinds of situations where restrooms are required—both for the short and long term.
For your modular solutions, get in touch with our friendly team members today, and let us discuss your ideal modular structure.